Teach Me How: Meat and Potatoes of Podcasting
Speaker: Kerry O'Shea Gorgone | Director of Product Strategy, Training, MarketingProfs | Host of the Marketing Smarts Podcast
Podcasts are back! More people are listening to podcasts than ever before as breakout hits like S-Town and Serial bring this format to a mainstream audience. Smart marketers know that podcast fans are educated, affluent, and social media savvy, but how can you connect with this valuable audience?
This session is for you if you want to start a podcast. You'll learn everything you need to get started, from the first step (setting goals) to promoting your published show. Don’t come unless you’re ready to rock the mic!
If you’re still on the fence about podcasting, drop me an email (email@example.com) and I’ll be happy to explain why podcasts are more mainstream and worthwhile than ever. But this session is for people who already know that podcasting is the new black!
At the end of this session you will be able to:
- Set goals for your podcast that will help you to assess its effectiveness as a content marketing vehicle
- Select a topic for your podcast that supports your business goals, appeals to your target audience, and relates to your own interests
- Choose equipment and software that best suit the way you want to produce your podcast
- Record a podcast LIKE A BOSS
- Do basic audio editing for your podcast