Marketing Strategy & Planning: How To Rise Above The Competition
November 13 | 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
While the specific goals for your organization are unique, each year marketers are given a mandate to become more efficient and effective. Your success depends on your ability to translate business goals into marketing strategy that scales. This means both your strategy and planning need to work together for optimal success—enter the Marketing Strategy & Planning workshop.
This full-day workshop will take you from strategy—why you approach your market in a particular manner—all the way to planning, so you can achieve your marketing goals.
You’ll kick-off the workshop by learning the five-step competitor analysis framework that will provide insight into your competition, customer, and your own company (the 3C’s). You’ll then analyze the 3C’s and determine which segments to target. From there, you’ll learn how to craft a positioning statement to guide your marketing efforts.
In the second half of the workshop, you’ll learn how to develop a marketing plan that directly ties in the data and analysis uncovered from your strategy. With a step-by-step approach, you’ll leave with a framework to achieve maximum business impact.
At the end of this workshop, you'll be able to:
- Perform a customer, competitor, and company analysis through the five-step analysis framework
- Articulate a positioning statement and evaluate if the statement supports its segment
- Map your buyer’s journey and pinpoint content assets needed
- Identify key asset gaps across the buyer's journey
- Identify marketing KPIs and pinpoint factors that will drive greater collaboration across the company and sales counterparts
- Outline a plan for filling gaps in your database
- Define team roles that focus on results
- Optimize budget allocation across marketing activities
Suggested Attendee Skill Level:
This workshop is most appropriate for experienced marketers and those transitioning into management roles. If your current role (or the one you aspire to) requires you to think about big-picture business objectives and competitive dynamics, not just day-to-day campaign management, then this workshop is perfect for you.