In our content-driven world, everybody writes! Especially marketers. Emails, blog posts, tweets, Facebook updates, and PowerPoint presentations all count as writing. But even the savviest of marketers and writers could use a hand every once in a while. After all, writing is a skill that only gets better with practice, persistence, and—most important of all—constant use. Join MarketingProfs for this workshop focused on audience-centric writing. Based on Ann Handley’s best-selling book Everybody Writes, we will share the fundamental shift in thinking that’s needed if you want your writing to inspire, educate, or help your audience.
In this live workshop, you’ll dive into hands-on exercises and lively discussions designed to make the material understandable, actionable… and (seriously) fun. You’ll also get companion materials to further deepen your understanding of how you can write your most effective marketing copy yet!
- Discover Ann’s 12-step Writing GPS to enhance the quality of your marketing writing
- Develop “pathological empathy” and create content that resonates with your audience
- Adopt a brand voice for your writing and learn how to adjust the tone for different contexts
- Get 15 approaches you can use to organize your writing based on topic and audience
- Write attention-getting headlines that stop the scroll
Who Should Attend
- Marketers tasked with writing as part of their day-to-day responsibilities
- Anyone seeking a creative and collaborative writing experience
- Those interested in focusing their writing efforts to create more effective content
- Marketers looking to write audience-centric content that helps, educates, and inspires, rather than hypes product benefits and features
- Anyone who learns better by doing
Why You Should Attend
- You’ll write during the workshop and refine pieces you’re currently working on using tools from the workshop
- You’re looking for a proven process—the MarketingProfs approach to writing
- You’re interested in networking with like-minded marketers facing the same challenges and struggles
- You’ll receive an actionable workbook, a handy infographic covering the workshop’s main points, and a digital quiz to bring it all home
**This live event will not be recorded for viewing at a later date—so you won’t want to miss it!